People meet on the Internet for different purposes. Some just want to brighten up their leisure time, others are looking for new friends, while some people are serious about finding the love of their life there. Statistics around the world show that about 13% of dating and video chat users are looking for a serious relationship. And that’s a lot, especially considering that many more people end up getting into relationships. Including those who did not initially plan this. By the way, today 17% of marriages start with dating on the Internet.
In this article, we want to talk not only about world statistics, but also to give some useful recommendations for those who want to transfer their virtual communication into the real world. After all, if you do not do this in time, communication will gradually subside and fade away. And the moment will be missed.
Make online dating fun and enjoyable
Some might say that webcam dating is silly. And it is absolutely wrong. Naturally, it is not fully capable of substituting a real meeting. But while other options are unavailable, this is a great way to spend time together. In any case, it is better than texting in a messenger or talking on a mobile phone.
In order not to make online dating a chore and to make it more enjoyable for both of you, follow our tips:
- pre-arrange an online meeting time that will be convenient for both of you;
- check if your webcam is working properly, if the Internet access is stable, if there is enough lighting, etc.;
- clean the room and make sure that nothing unnecessary gets into the frame;
- think about a few topics that you want to talk about in order to avoid awkward silence;
- do not forget to compliment the interlocutor during the conversation, especially during the greeting;
- demonstrate sincere interest, listen, discuss interesting questions with the interlocutor.
These recommendations are equally well suited for couples who have been communicating on the Internet for some time, and those who see each other for the first time. Try to be yourself, get rid of shyness, and be a pleasant conversationalist.
Is it worth rushing things?
The rush in online dating can be your enemy. This is especially true for men, who are often very impatient and after the first communication on the Internet strive to see each other in person. But there is no need to rush. The Internet gives us a great opportunity to get to know each other better even before we meet in person. Perhaps, during the next conversation, it turns out that it is not the person you thought it would be. Do you really need to rush things and waste your time? Spend more time on video meetings, and only then go offline.
However, it is also not worth postponing the meeting indefinitely. As long as your communication on the Internet is active and rich, you can continue to meet in video chat. But when you start to notice that you both are losing interest, conversations become monotonous and short, it’s time to move on to the next stage – a face-to-face meeting. It will be a powerful impulse in a relationship, do not hesitate.
Random chats and real meetings
If dating websites and applications were initially aimed at eventually transferring users’ communication offline, the situation is slightly different in case with anonymous video chats. For example, let’s take Omegle – the first chat roulette in history. It connects you with completely random users. There are only a few parameters that you can specify: communication language and interests. And there is no guarantee that your interlocutor will be from the same city or even country. Perhaps they are located on a different continent.
Accordingly, if you choose a video chat for dating and communication, you should consider websites with more flexible settings. For example, there are many resources that allow you to specify the gender, age, geolocation of the interlocutor for search, such as CooMeet Russian. Thus, you can search for people nearby, and it will be much easier to organize a meeting in real life. On the other hand, are boundaries and distances in the twenty-first century something that can prevent meeting?
Ways to properly transfer online dating into real life
Of course, you don’t have to do it the same way, but it’s definitely worth a try.
- Remember that random video chats usually do not provide an opportunity to add a user to your Friends list and then contact them again. If the connection is lost, there is very little chance that the system will reconnect you. Therefore, your task is to get contact information from the person you like.
- Check for more neutral contact information. You do not need to ask for a phone number or find out the address where the person lives. You can start with a nickname in the messenger or a link to a page on a social network.
- When contact information is received, you can safely go to another platform for communication. From now on, you can organize full-fledged online dates: watch movies together, listen to music, chat on various topics, plan a future meeting and much more.
- You shall gradually prepare the person to an idea of an offline date. There is no need to hurry. For starters, just hint that you would not mind meeting in person someday. If the interlocutor agrees, you can negotiate the details.
Remember, the first impression is the most important. And the fact that you already know each other on the Internet does not mean that this impression will not change when you meet for the better or for the worse. This means that you must be honest with the interlocutor when communicating online. Otherwise, an offline date can become an unpleasant surprise producing ambiguous impressions.
Finally, you will definitely feel when the time comes to meet in person. Or maybe your interlocutor will take the initiative and offer to meet you. Do not be afraid of meeting in any case. This is a new step in your relationship. Perhaps one of the most important ones. If you are unsure about how to approach women, a dating coach can help.